The product would encompass the principles of ‘Smart Supply Network’ that incorporates cloud-computing, mobility, GPS into a paperless supply network utilising smart transactions conveying information between members.
- The product is based on an Open-Source solution architecture:
- Back-end (Server-side) – PHP
- Database – MySQL.
- Hosting is provided by a reputable 3rd party provider giving us comfort that the following requirements are met:
- Database backups and recovery
- 24/7 network and server monitoring
- Firewall Protection
- Anti-virus Scanning
Browser compatibility: Internet Explorer v8+, Firefox v 25+ and Google Chrome v30+.
The strategic rollout of the software is based on a phased deliverable approach. It provides the necessary foundation that ensures flexibility, stability and reliability that facilitate:
- Real-time access to shipment data
- Client Reporting
- Transaction Analysis
- Business Intelligence (BI).
The initial phase embraces innovation, providing a competitive advantage which we endeavour to maintain with subsequent releases. In collaboration with our members, we can then implement E-Commerce (B2B) Technology, Inter-Modal functionality and Geographical expansion.
Phase 1 Features
- Transhipment (shipment of goods to an intermediate destination, then yet to another destination)
- Geocoding (process where by a physical address is converted to GPS coordinates)
- Automated and synchronous duel matching capabilities (patent pending for search algorithm)
- Process automation
- Internal real-time optimisation
- Maintain existing contractual obligations
- RBAC (role based access control)
- Data model designed to cater for members irrespective of the size of their corporation
- Flexibility to align with current business processes thus no internal process reengineering is required.